- Each day, UTMB’s telemedicine program performs more than 200
patient examinations, and its health delivery system records more than
50,000 paperless medical documents.
- Medical personnel in 24 medical and surgical specialties average over
5,000 telemedicine consultations per month.
- UTMB has been inducted into the Smithsonian Permanent Research
Collection for Innovation in Information Technology.
- Research concludes that patients served by telemedicine are satisfied
with their experience, and that quality of care is equal to, if not better
than, care delivered face-to-face.
UTMB Telemedicine currently operates telehealth initiatives for:
- Mental Health and Mental Retardation Centers (MHMR) across Texas
- Community Health Centers in rural Texas
- Mothers and babies through its 37 regional
maternal and child health clinics in Southeast Texas
- Corporate employee health programs